Webmaker planning season
November 25, 2012 § 7 Comments
It’s November, which means it’s planning season. Last year at this time we developed a plan for our first year of Mozilla Webmaker. Our overarching goal for 2012 was:
Roll the best Drumbeat software and learning resources into a cohesive webmaker offering
Building on this first year, our overarching ambition for 2013 is to:
Grow Mozilla Webmaker into a product that people love.
We’re in the early stages of developing a more specific set of goals and objectives for 2013. I outlined a first cut at these on last week’s Webmaker call:
In 2013 we want Mozilla Webmaker to be:
1. A popular way to make and remix web content
2. That levels up your web skills as you make things
3. Powered by a global community of makers and mentors
In order for this vision of Webmaker to succeed we need to:
4. Create a culture of excellence (process + outcomes)
5. Tee up solid long term funding and resource base
6. Establish a regular flow of new product ideas
We’ll be honing these over coming weeks. Expect posts with reflections and updates from myself and others on the Mozilla Webmaker team. In the meantime, I’d love to get reactions on this first cut at top level goals.